Get your answers here to common questions about COURTS, including how to search about products, promotions, payment, delivery, etc. If your question is not being answered here, please contact us.
Q. How do I know if the product I’m looking for online is available?If a product is available online, you will be able to add the item to cart. You will be receiving an order confirmation email once you have placed the order. However, product purchased online may not be in stock even after the order confirmation. If we are not able to fulfil your order, COURTS(s) customer representative will contact you to offer an alternative product or full refund.
Q. Are all products available in stores also available in online?The products available online will differ from time to time. This is determine by the stock availability and promotions. You may search for the product on our site to check if the product is available online.
Q. How many products can I order at one time?
There is no restriction on the number of products you can order.
- For products on offer, we may, at our discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order.
- These restrictions may be enforced on orders placed from the same COURTS Online account or credit card, and sometimes even orders that use the same billing and/or delivery address.
- Should a restriction apply, a notification will be sent to the e-mail you provided within the next business day.
Q. What if the product runs out of stock after I have ordered or made payment?
We try our best to make sure this will not happen through stringent checks and follow-ups, but should it occur:
- If the product is currently unavailable, we will provide the next earliest availability and delivery date or an alternative product model.
- Should the options offered be deemed not suitable, we reserve the rights to cancel the order and refund the full amount of the purchase.
Promotions and Discounts
Q. How to redeem a promotional code?
- For HomeClub members, please log in with your email address and password. For non-HomeClub members, please sign up here.
- Make a purchase from COURTS Online.
- Click "CHECKOUT" to proceed to Checkout page.
- Enter the promotional code into the field provided at the bottom of the Checkout page.
- After entering the code, please click on the "APPLY" button.
- Proceed to make payment.
Q. What type of purchase is eligible for promotional code?
- Promotional code is only applicable for online purchase made from COURTS Online but is not applicable for excluded items.
- Excluded items include, but are not limited to, Sony Products, Apple Products, Online Deal Products, Promotional Offers, Pre-Orders, TVs, Computers, Gaming Consoles and Mobile Phones, unless stated otherwise.
- Promotional code is not applicable to all services, but is not limited to, Extended Warranties, GURU Services, 1-for-1 Exchange, Delivery and Installation charges, unless stated otherwise.
- Promotional code is not applicable for Guest checkout.
- Promotional code is not applicable for Flexi Plans, processing fees and service charges.
- Promotional code is subject to all restrictions set forth in any ongoing promotion.
- Shipping and handling fees are excluded for all minimum purchase requirements.
- Promotional code cannot be applied to completed purchases.
- Promotional code is not transferable or redeemable for cash or credit.
- Please refer to Promotions Terms & Conditions for more information.
- One promotional code can only be applied at any one time for all purchases made through COURTS Online.
Q. What if the unredeemed promotional code has expired?
- Strictly no replacement code will be issued, unless stated otherwise.
- COURTS (Singapore) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel any promotions or promotional codes without prior notice.
Q. When the promotional code does not work?
- Please ensure that you are logged in as a HomeClub member. If not, please sign up here.
- Please check that the promotional code has been entered correctly.
- Please check on the expiry date of the promotional code under Promotions Terms & Conditions.
- Please ensure your purchase meets the minimum requirement for the promotion. For complete promotion details, please click here.
Q. What are the modes of payment if I purchase from COURTS Stores?
We accept the following modes of payment in all COURTS Stores
- Cash (SGD) or NETS
- COURTS Gift Cards
- Credit Card (Visa / MasterCard / AMEX / Diners)
- Flexible payment options through COURTS Flexi Plans, Credit Cards and China Union Pay
Q. Are prices inclusive of GST?Prices inclusive of GST.
Q. How do I pay for my items online?
Q. What happens if I experience difficulty at the payment page?
- Refresh your browser and try again.
- You may currently be experiencing technical difficulties; you may wish to try again later.
- Users might experience slow page loads during website upgrades, which we will be conducting from time to time. We do appreciation your patience with us.
Q. Are prices inclusive of GST?Prices inclusive of GST.
Installment Payment Plan (IPP)
Q. What is IPP?IPP is an interest-free installment payment plan from 6 months to 36 months that we offer to our customers as one of our payment options.
Q. How does it work?
- Add your product(s) to the shopping cart and proceed to checkout. To opt for an interest-free instalment payment plan (IPP), the minimum spend limit of S$500 in a single order, AND the maximum spend limit of S$20,000 in a single order.
- Select IPP bank payment method.
- Proceed to make payment and select your preferred credit card type.
- Enter your credit card details.
- Select your preferred instalment payment plan.
- Complete the payment.
- The full amount of your purchase will be reflected in your order confirmation email. (Please note that your monthly payment will be reflected in your next monthly credit card statement)
Q. Which card can be used under the 0% installment payment plan?
- OCBC Visa/MasterCard Credit Card 0% Instalment Payment Plan (IPP) (6/12/24/36 Months)
- DBS Credit Card 0% Instalment Payment Plan (IPP) (3/6 Months), Activate after you have paid in full using your DBS Credit Card. DBS Payment Plans lets you consolidate your spending and repay over time; 3 Months and 6 Months at No Additional Bank Charges At All:
- Go to Digibank Mobile/Online and Choose "Pay By Instalments"
- Convert Into 0% Interest Instalments, On Your Credit Card
Q. Is there a minimum purchase required?Yes, minimum purchase is $500 - either a single product or a combination of products which add up to $500 or more
Q. What are the tenure options available?6 months, 12 months, 24 months & 36 months
Q. Is any deposit required?No deposit is required.
Q. Is there any other additional fee?No, there are no other processing or additional fees. You only have to pay the total transaction value.
Q. What if I decide to change to a one-time payment after I submit my order for the IPP?You are not able to choose another payment method once the order has been submitted.
Q. How long does it take the transaction to be approved?The transaction will be processed immediately once the purchase amount is deducted from your credit card.
Q. Can I use debit card for this IPP?No, this IPP is only applicable for credit cards. IPP is unavailable for debit cards.
Q. What are the privileges of a HomeClub Member?
- Free Lifetime Loyalty Membership
- Earn HomeClub points when you shop to use to offset your next purchase.
- Members-only Invitations to sale previews, store opening and exclusive events
- Retrieve Purchase History Online Anytime
- Birthday treats on birthday month
- Not a HomeClub Member yet? Click here to register now or find out more details about HomeClub privileges.
Q. I have applied for the HomeClub membership. How do I identify myself?
1. Present your HomeClub E-Card via COURTS Mobile app
Inform the cashier that you are a member and provide your HomeClub Number or Registered mobile number before making payment.
Q. How do I earn HomeClub points?
- Earn points when you shop at any COURTS Store or www.courts.com.sg.
- Points issuance varies according to each product, subjected to the discretion of COURTS(S) Pte Ltd.
- Points will not be issued for products advertised with limited sets or purchase with purchase promotion, selected promotions or discounts including price matched products, purchase of vouchers, gift cards, delivery services and amount paid using HomeClub points or vouchers
Q. Can I use my HomeClub points to offset my purchase?
Q. Can I earn HomeCLub points with purchase of FlexiPlans?Yes, For Courts Flexi Plans purchase, points will be credited to HomeClub member’s account within 7 days after first 6 successful instalment payments are received throughout the instalment agreement period.
Q. Where can I view and update my contact information?
Click here and log in with your email address and password. You may view/update information such as E-mail address, Contact numbers, Home addresses and Communication preferences.
Q. Can I use my HomeClub points and COURTS Vouchers concurrently?Yes, you may use both your vouchers to offset the same purchase.
Q. Are my points reflected in my HomeClub account as soon as I make a purchase?
Point balance is updated one day after all your purchase(s) have been fully delivered/received and paid. As such, it is best to check your Point balance one day after.
You can log in here (courts.com.sg/Homeclub) or; Download COURTS Mobile app to check
Q. Are there points issued when I purchase COURTS Vouchers or Gift Card?Points will not be issued for purchase of vouchers, gift cards, delivery services and amount paid using HomeClub points
Q. Can I convert the points accrued into cash and withdraw it from my account?No withdrawal of cash is allowed from your account.
Q. Can I transfer my membership to someone else?No. HomeClub membership is non-transferrable.
Q. As a member, what benefits do I enjoy on my birthday?HomeClub members will be given $10 Voucher sent via email during their birthday month.
Q. If I offset my purchase with my HomeClub points, will there be points credited to my account based on the total purchase?
- Yes. However, points will be credited to your account based on the nett amount after redemption of points and/or COURTS Giftcard/vouchers.
Q. How can I receive mailings from COURTS?
- Click here and log in with your email address and password.
- Scroll to the bottom of the subsequent page.
- Select your topics of interests under “Hobbies/Interests”.
- Check the box that says “I want to receive COURTS‘ special offers and promotions”.
- Click on “Save Changes”.
- Note: It may take up to 30 working days to remove you from our e-mail marketing lists, up to 30 days for phone calls/SMS list, and up to six weeks for direct mail.
Q. What happens if I have forgotten my mobile app/online login password for My HomeClub Account?
- Simply click on the “Forgot your Password?” option next to the “Log In” button and we will email you a new one.
- You will need to provide the Postal ID, Mobile No, and Email address that you used during registration for identity verification.
- We recommend that you periodically update your password for security purposes, and retain it for future reference.
Q. How do I change my online login password for My HomeClub Account?
- Click here and log in with your email address and password.
- Click on the option to “Change Password”.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password twice.
- Click on “Save Changes”.
- You can begin using your new password immediately.
Q. Where do I view my order history?
- Click here and log in with your email address and password.
- Select “Order History” on the left navigation menu to view your orders.
- For orders that have not been delivered or full payment have not been made, they will be reflected as “In Progress”. Orders that have been delivered with full payment received will be reflected as “Completed”.
- You can register previous store purchases that were not captured online. You just need to have the receipt/sales transaction number and the grand total on the receipt.
Q. Is it possible to merge the points accumulated in the 2 HomeClub accounts owned separately by myself and another party?
- No. The HomeClub membership is designated for individual use by the respective registered member only. No merging or transfer of points from different HomeClub accounts is allowed.
Q. Is there a validity period for the HomeClub points accumulated?
- HomeClub offers a lifetime membership, while the Points credited have their separate validity period. Points issued are valid for 1 year from the last purchase captured.
- For example, last purchase made was on 01June 2020 are valid till 01 June 2021, unless otherwise stated.
Q. What are FlexiPlans?
FlexiPlans are an alternative flexible financing option available at COURTS that breaks up payments for home essentials into affordable, monthly payments.
There are various FlexiPlans to choose from, allowing us to cater to different needs. To find out more about which product suits you best, visit our FlexiPlans product page.
Apart from COURTS FlexiPlans, COURTS also offers 0% instalment plan tie-ups with all major bank credit cards.
Q. Why consider FlexiPlans?
Here are some of the benefits and features of FlexiPlans:
- Split the cost of big-ticket purchases into smaller, more manageable portions, over periods of up to 72 months
- Term charges range from 0% to 31.99% per annum. for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents, and up to 33.99% per annum for temporary residents, depending on applicant’s suitability and eligibility
- 15-minute application approval, with only proof of identity and income required
- Ability to change your mind to purchase with cash, subject to a processing fee of S$50 within 14 days. To return purchases, they need to be in original, unopened condition in accordance with COURTS' Price Promise.
The above are subject to terms and conditions.
Q. Do I qualify for COURTS FlexiPlans?
You are welcome to apply for FlexiPlans if you are:
- A Singaporean or Permanent Resident aged between 18 to 67 years old, with the exception of FlexiHome which requires customers to be aged 21 years and above
- An S Pass, E Pass or Work Permit Holder aged from 21 to 55 years old
Q. How do I apply?
Q. What are FlexiPlans’ instalment rates?
COURTS FlexiPlans offers instalment rates that range from 0% to 31.99% per annum for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents, and up to 33.99% per annum for foreigners or short-term and temporary residents. The instalment rates depend on several factors including how much the customer can afford monthly, as well as the total tenure required. You may visit our FlexiPlans product page to find out more.
Q. Why are your instalment rates priced as such?
We offer a range of products at different instalment rates. Generally, the longer the payment terms offered, the higher the instalment rate. We will assess customers’ ability to service the FlexiPlans they sign up for.
However, should personal circumstances change and you encounter trouble making the monthly payments, you can contact our Customer Account Management team at +65 6500 4168 or email@example.com to request for a repayment plan.
Q. How will I know if I am able to afford FlexiPlans?
All customers who are keen to purchase FlexiPlans will be subject to an assessment on suitability. During the application process, our sales consultants will also walk you through the options available, monthly term charges, tenure and total agreement value, among other pertinent information, to ensure you have all you need to make an informed decision. If at any time you have additional questions, you can reach +65 6500 4168 or firstname.lastname@example.org anytime to request for our Customer Account Management team to assist you.
Q. Are there late charges if I miss my payments? How does COURTS collect on late payments?
Late payment fees are charged at either 1.50% per month or the prevailing instalment rate depending on the plan. It will only be charged when an account is more than three months in arrears and is only charged on the overdue instalments. Other charges on late payments also apply, and they include a monthly administrative charge, collection fees, and returned GIRO/cheque fees – as fully stated in delivery reminder letters.
As a standard operating procedure, our Customer Account Management team will follow up with you if you did not make payment on time. However, if you are facing financial difficulties, you can contact us at +65 6500 4168 or email@example.com to request for a repayment plan.
Q. Can I change my mind after my FlexiPlans purchase?
Yes. As with any purchase with COURTS, should you change your mind, you may choose to have your FlexiPlans cancelled within 14 days. To return purchases, they need to be in original, unopened condition in accordance with COURTS’ Price Promise.
You may approach your nearest COURTS store, call +65 6500 4168 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request for our Customer Account Management team to assist you with this. Do note that an administrative fee of S$50 may be applicable.
Q. I am an existing FlexiPlans customer and would like to check on my account information / shorten my payment terms.
Please get in touch with us by approaching your nearest COURTS store or +65 6500 4168 or email email@example.com to request for our Customer Account Management team to assist you.
Q. What does EIR mean?
EIR stands for Effective Interest Rate. Simply put, it is the interest rate that is actually paid on a loan due to the result of compounding over a given time period.
The EIR is always higher than the instalment rate stated in the agreement because it takes into consideration the repayment schedule. A repayment schedule comprises:
- Tenure of the instalment payments, i.e. number of instalment payments
- Frequency of instalment payments
- Whether the instalment amounts are equal or not
Q. How is EIR calculated?
EIR is calculated as if compounded annually. It is calculated in the following way, where c is the monthly instalment, r is the effective annual rate, P is the principal amount, and N is the number of compounding periods per year (for example, 12 for monthly compounding):
You can refer to the below example, which assumes a merchandise purchase at COURTS for S$2,000 with FlexiPlans. The monthly instalment payment starts a month after purchase until the end of the instalment plan.
Instalment Rates 9.99% 16.99% 26.99% Loan Tenure (Months) Effective Interest rate* (% p.a) Effective Interest rate* (% p.a) Effective Interest rate* (% p.a) 12 17.95% 30.01% 46.59% 18 18.16% 30.09% 46.23% 24 18.14% 29.83% 45.43% 36 17.90% 29.06% 43.66% 48 17.58% 28.24% 42.03%
*Inclusive of processing fees.
Should you want more information on the EIR for your FlexiPlans, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request for assistance from our Customer Account Management team.
Click & Collect and Delivery
In store and online
Q. Can I change my delivery address?
Q. What are the charges if I would like to arrange for delivery for my purchase?
Q. How can I check my delivery appointment?
Q. Will there be any additional charges if I need to make a last minute change of delivery schedule?
Q. What happens if I’m not at home to receive my order?
Q. The scheduled time slot has passed but my order has yet to be delivered. What should I do?
Q. Do you ship internationally?
Q. How can i check my delivery appointment?
You may check your delivery appoinment on your hard copy invoice or click here. Watch the below video for a step-by-step guide:
Q. How do I change my delivery appointment?
Q. What if I decide to change my delivery date from a weekday to a weekend?In the event of a request for change in delivery date from a weekday to a weekend, there will be an additional $10/- to be paid.
Q. What are the delivery timings available?
Q. May I shorten the delivery time window?No, we are unable to accommodate shortening the assigned delivery time window.
Q. Can I request for specific delivery timing?No, we have morning and afternoon delivery, and the availability of slots will be advised by the COURTS sales team. We try our best to adhere to the assigned slot; however, sometimes this may be affected slightly by traffic conditions, installation times of other customers beforehand and other general movements.
Q. What should I do to prepare for my delivery?
For any Furniture/Bedding or Electrical items, please take the dimension and measurement of the product you will be ordering to ensure this item can fit into the room intended/ lifts/elevator/ stairwells/passages and/or corridors. Our delivery team will not dismantle doors and/or windows to avoid any damage to your property.
In the event of bulky items that are unable to fit into the lift, our delivery team will use the staircase and carry the product in a non-hazardous manner. They will assess the site thoroughly, with additional charges being applicable from the 2nd storey onwards (e.g. ground floor is free + $10 per item per subsequent non lift-accessible storey).
Example: Staircase delivery of a bulky furniture item to a non-lift accessible 12th floor: (1 X $0) + (11 X $10) = $110).
Please be advised reschedule of your delivery date may be required if 3 or more extra manpower needed.
However, if the delivery process is deemed hazardous, (e.g risk damaging the product or public property, obstruction of passageway, etc), COURTS reserves the right to offer a reselection of products in consultation with you and our sales staff.
Q. What do I need to take note upon delivery?
- Check the condition of the product. If you find the goods to be faulty or defective, reject the order. To facilitate handling and processing of such incidents, please help us indicate the reason for refusal of delivery on the Delivery Note.
- A COURTS representative will contact you within 2 business days for further action.
- Do check for the product warranty card; some product warranties may need to be registered via the brand’s online website..
- Some of the goods advertised on our website come with a manufacturer's warranty. You may contact the manufacturer directly for details relating to the available manufacturer's warranty (if any).
Q. Are there any areas that COURTS does not deliver to?
·Off-shore Islands such as Pulau Ubin
·Turf Club Avenue
·Resorts World at Sentosa
·Singapore Prison Quarters
·SATS Inflight Catering Centre 1
·SRA (Singapore Rifle Association)
·St.John / Lazarus Island
·All Goods purchased from us will only be delivered to addresses within Singapore. No delivery will be made outside Singapore or to post office boxes
Q. How do I get my products after purchasing them online?
Q. What is Standard Delivery?
Q. What is Economy Delivery?
Q. How do I change my delivery appointment?
Q. What Is Click & Collect?
Q. What happens if I forget about my order?
Q. Why didn’t the Click & Collect option list down all the stores?
Q. What must I bring along for collection at the store?
Q. What other costs may I have to bear?
Q. How do I pay for the installation charges?The installation charge will be paid to the vendor directly.
Q. What are the installation charges?
Q. Wall-mounting for TVs is handled by specialist installers.
Wall-mounting for TVs is handled by specialist installers. Please click here for more information.
Wall-mounting service is not applicable for same day delivery TVs. Wall-mounting service must be arranged separately if required.
Q. Health & Fitness equipment are handled by our specialist installers.
Health & Fitness products are handled by specialist installers. Please contact us for more information.
Q. Installation for ceiling fan and portable aircon.
Q. How can I exchange an item I bought at your store?
Q. What if the product I purchased is defective?
If the product is defective, we will replace the product for you within 14 days from the date of purchase if it is collected in store, or the date of delivery if it is a delivered item. Kindly bring the product back with the warranty card and your valid purchase receipt from COURTS.
If the repair or replacement is not reasonably possible or cannot be done within a reasonable period of time and without significant inconvenience to you, you may keep the defective Goods and ask for a partial refund, or return the defective Goods and ask for a full refund. Please note that the amount of the full refund will take into account the Goods’ current state resulting from your use. If a higher value exchange is required under COURTS FlexiPlans purchase, then a new instalment plan agreement must be sanctioned.
On returning defective Goods, please note that any free gifts, vouchers and accessories associated with the purchase must also be returned at the same time. If free gifts, vouchers and accessories have been used, the refund amount will be offset accordingly. If delivery has taken place, then the refund will exclude delivery charges paid.
Display sets cannot be exchanged.
Please note that some brands reserve the right to subject the product to an examination by their own experts, and may not accept the return of goods. For unsealed defective Apple products, please refer to Apple Service Centre. For unsealed Headsets and Earphones, please refer to the manufacturer's authorised office.
In accordance with the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act, COURTS reserves the right to prove (or, if the breach appears more than 6 months after delivery, requires you to disprove) that the product was of satisfactory quality and otherwise complied with the terms of purchase at the time of delivery.
Q. How does the lemon law protect me in the event of defective goods?
- In accordance with the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act, COURTS reserves the right to prove (or, if the breach appears more than 6 months after delivery, require you to disprove) that the product was of satisfactory quality and otherwise complied with the terms of purchase at the time of delivery.
- If the repair or replacement is not reasonably possible or cannot be done within a reasonable period of time and without significant inconvenience to you, you may keep the defective Good and ask for a partial refund, or return the defective Good and ask for a full refund. Please note that the amount of the full refund will take into account the Good’s current state resulting from your use.
- If a higher value exchange is required under COURTS Flexi Plans purchase, then a new instalment plan agreement must be sanctioned.
Same Day Delivery
Q. What is the latest time I need to buy to enjoy same day delivery?
Q. How much does it cost?
Q. Can I cancel or make changes to same day delivery?In order to get your order to you speedily, it will be hard to cancel this after we send our truck out. Hence we are not able to call back the truck. If you really need to change or cancel the truck, another delivery arrangement with another delivery fee will have to be chargeable.
Q. What are the exclusions?
- Items not stocked in our warehouse.
- Direct delivery from our suppliers/partners.
- COURTS Flexi Plans purchase.
- Installation services and air-conditioning requiring installation.
- Made-to-order products.
- Wall-mounting services
We understand that at times, you will need a bulky item delivered to you quickly. Now you can enjoy your purchase item within the same day when you need it on the same day.
Privacy Issues Contact Information
Q. How to deactivate or close your online account?
You may contact us online.
User Responsibility on COURTS Online
COURTS Singapore Private Limited maintains this site for your personal entertainment, information, education and shopping convenience. Your use of and purchase from COURTS Online constitutes your agreement to follow COURTS Online CONDITIONS OF USE