What’s Your Preferred Type of Washing Machine?
|Types Of Washing Machine||Top Load||Front Load|
- Less probability of trapped water or residue
- Easy loading of laundry, need not squat down
- More affordable
- Easier to add wash mid-cycle
- Shorter cycle time
- Better cleaning results
- Easier loading and unloading of laundry
- Space-saving with ability to stack dryer on top OR Washer Dryer 2-in-1 combo
- Less noise during spin cycle
- More energy & water efficient
- Transparent glass door allows you to check on the cleaning stage
- Requires more effort to unload laundry
- Not stackable with dryer
- Uses more water as it needs to fill up entirely for the wash and rinse cycle
- More expensive upfront but saves more on running cost
- Longer cycle time up to 3 hours
- Need to squat down to load and unload laundry
How Much Capacity Do You Need For Your Washing Machine?
A bigger drum contains higher capacity, which allows you to wash more laundry at once to save time. However, a higher capacity washer uses more energy to operate, so choosing the right capacity for your needs can help to minimise electricity cost. As a guide, 1kg is roughly equal to 1 set of shirt, pants, underwear and socks. While families, with new-borns generally requires a larger capacity washer.
|Washing Machine Capacity||Suitable For|
|8KG & Below
|9KG to 11KG
|12KG & Above
||Large families more than 6 person
Pick Your Required Spin Speed For Your Washing Machine
A higher spin speed allows moisture to be extracted faster, so your clothes dry faster as well.
A spin speed of 1400-1500rpm is good enough for everyday laundry purposes. Those who prefer shorter waiting times or have lots of heavy items to wash can choose a washer with spin speed of 1600rpm and above.
Check the Energy Ratings Of Your Washing Machine
To identify your washing machine’s energy efficiency, look out for the Energy Label. The more ticks the Energy Label has, the more efficient the washing machine is. This correlates to lesser energy used, lesser running costs.
Water Efficiency Ratings
Water Efficiency Labelling Scheme (WELS) is used to rate how much water a washing machine gets through on each cycle. The lower the water and energy consumption, the more bill savings you get.
Consider the Suitability of a Washer Dryer
Washer dryers are space-saving and works best with small household. However, they may not be suitable for large families, as its dryer usually comes with a reduced load size. Additionally, washing a second load, while drying the first load cannot be done.
Check the Noise Level
If a lower noise level is important to you, choose a washer rated under 50 db(A), which is equivalent to the noise level of a refrigerator humming.
Special Functions You Need
Additional functions come at extra cost, so evaluate if you truly need them:
- Hand wash
- Fast wash
- Baby cycle
- Steam function
- Temperature cooling
- Stain remover
- Heavy duty
- Touchpad controls
- Noise reduction dampeners
- Auto lock function
- Digital LED display
- Specialty Wash Cycles
- Add-Wash: Lets you simply load in forgotten clothes after cycle has started
Wash your laundry the smarter way with pureWash Pro, sold exclusively at COURTS. A revolutionary laundry cleaning device that transforms tap water into ozone-infused water for your laundry cycle. It requires ¼ the usual amount of detergent used, and promises to be gentler on clothes, killing 99.9% of bacteria.
Installation is simple with few tools required. Check out more details with our friendly COURTS staff today!