Meet the new Nikon 1 J5, the chic and compact interchangeable lens camera with a 20.8-megapixel image sensor. Achieve impeccable imagery with unbelievably fast continuous shooting speeds of 20 frames per second with autofocus tracking and videos up to 4K/15p. With an 180 degrees upward-tilting LCD monitor with touch screen, full manual control, new effects and even built-in Wi-Fi and NFC4 technology for sharing your photos on-the-go, the J5 is the perfect culmination of power, flexibility, speed and style, all in the palm of your hand.
Faster than the blink of an eye
Quicker than a DSLR, the J5 has the shortest shooting time lag1 and the world's fastest2 continuous shooting frame rate of approximately 20 frames per second (fps) with autofocus (AF) tracking and up to around 60 fps when the focus is locked3. Instantly identify and focus on your subject with a cutting-edge AF system that utilises 105 phase detect AF points to capture your subject with ease.
A new Sports Mode optimises the J5 for fast-action, so you can switch from shooting pre-game portraits to capturing action on the field, without missing a play.
Impeccable imagery in any light
The J5 utilises 20.8 megapixels and a new back-side illuminated CX-format CMOS image sensor that gathers more light, for faster shutter speeds and enhanced low-light capabilities. Nikon's new EXPEED 5A image-processing engine ensures rich colours, smooth tones and razor-sharp details in every photo and Full HD video. Turn up the ISO from 160 to 12800 to shoot clear imagery even in low-light situations, and enjoy improved noise reduction even at high sensitivities.
Look your best at any angle
Capturing your best side has been made even easier with the J5. A first for Nikon 1 cameras, the 3 inch tilting LCD monitor tilts upwards to approximately 180 degrees and downwards to approximately 86 degrees. Together with the touch screen feature, the J5 puts the control at your fingertips and lets you shoot from any creative angle your heart desires.
The new Self-Portrait mode, along with Glamour Retouch function that retouches your features, offers skin softening, self-timer and exposure compensation features, ensuring that you look stunning in every photo.
Built for control and styled to impress
The J5 incorporates a modern, minimalistic yet stylish design that's built for stress-free photography. The new Command Dial makes it easy to navigate the camera's intuitive menu system and the improved grip lets you control the camera with just one hand. Quickly recall your favourite menu or setting with a customisable Function button, conveniently located on the camera, helping you bring your creative vision to life.
Share your photos with ease
Whether you're at home or on-the-road, sharing and uploading your pictures is a breeze. The J5's built-in Wi-Fi and NFC4 capabilities allow your pre-selected images to be transferred to smart devices once connected via the free Wireless Mobile Utility app5, available for iOS and Android devices. You can even use your smart device to remotely shoot and capture through the J5.
Direct your own movies
Create breath-taking cinematic experiences in Full HD 1080/60p and up to 4K/15p format, a first for Nikon 1 cameras, along with beautiful time-lapse videos that allows you to shoot and replay breath-taking imagery at high speeds. Bring out more details in the highlights and shadows of your movies with Active D-Lighting during movie shooting and keep your videos sharp and steady with Electronic Vibration Reduction (VR) technology built directly into the camera.
Be inspired to create
Whether you're a new or experienced photographer, set your imagination alight with the seven new Creative Modes such as fisheye, nostalgic sepia, and retro. For videos, easily create sped-up sequences with the Fast Motion effect or a cinematic quick-cut sequence with the Jump Cut effect, for unique one-of-a-kind video experiences.
Small in stature, big on features
Don't let its size fool you. The J5 is designed to deliver the portability of a compact digital camera with superior image quality. With a body size of 98.3mm (width) x 59.7mm (height) x 31.5mm (depth) and weighing a mere 231g, the J5 fits snugly in the palm of your hand. Its high quality build incorporates a modern and stylish design that perfectly complements your on-the-move lifestyle.
Accessorise with the best
The J5 connects you to a wide array of superior 1 NIKKOR lens options, from wide-angle primes to telephoto zooms. With the optional FT-1 Mount Adapter6, you gain access to a vast array of superb NIKKOR optics to add to your arsenal. To get the most out of your camera, take advantage of our wide selection of additional accessories, such as Speedlights or wireless remotes, built to take your photography to the next level.
- Among digital cameras with interchangeable lenses available as of April 2, 2015; measured when using the single-point AF mode and the shortest focal length of 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM; as determined by Nikon performance tests
- Among digital cameras with interchangeable lenses available as of April 2, 2015; as determined by Nikon performance tests
- When shooting at 30 or 60 fps, autofocus is fixed at the first frame. While photographs are being recorded to the memory card, the memory card access lamp will light. Depending on shooting conditions and memory card write speed, recording may continue for some time after shooting ends.
- NFC-compatible AndroidTM smartphones and tablets (AndroidTM 4.0 or later)
- Wireless Mobile Utility must be downloaded onto a smart device (compatible with iOS/AndroidTM) to use the Wi-Fi function. Wireless Mobile Utility can be downloaded for free from the appropriate application store. Wireless transfer of videos is available only on the Android OS.
- Some NIKKOR lenses cannot be used via the FT1 Mount Adapter. For the list of NIKKOR lenses that cannot be used with Nikon 1 J5 via the FT-1 Mount Adapter, please refer to the System Chart. Some NIKKOR lenses cannot be used via the FT1 Mount Adapter. For the list of NIKKOR lenses that cannot be used with Nikon 1 J5 via the FT-1 Mount Adapter, please refer to the System Chart.
Specifications and features are for reference only and may be changed without notice by manufacturer.
|Camera Effective Pixels||20.8 million|
|Shutter Speed Range||1/16,000 to 30 s in steps of 1/3 EV; Bulb|
|Lens Mount||Nikon 1 mount|
|Image Sensor||CX, CMOS|
|Touch Screen||Touch Screen|
|Compatible Memory Card(s)||microSD (micro Secure Digital), microSDHC, microSDXC|
|Wireless Network Connectivity||IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g|