Protection Plus - Hardware Protection Terms & Conditions
The Conditions set forth here shall be taken as mutually acceptable and considered as an inclusive part of any final sales contract with Digital Hospital, and shall be applicable at COURTS Singapore
For the avoidance of doubt, all coverage (No International coverage) applies only to repairs and replacements done in Singapore and for Products used in Singapore.
The table below sets out the coverage you are entitled to, depending on the Contract you have selected:
|Plan||Coverage||Limit (if any)|
|Protection Plus - Hardware Basic Service Contract||Basic Coverage||Coverage for mechanical and electrical defects is up to the purchase price paid for your Product ("Limit") less $50 or 30% of Claim Amount whichever is higher that is payable by you for each and every claim|
|Protection Plus - Hardware Extended Warranty Enhanced Service Contract||Basic Coverage and Extended Coverage||For Basic Coverage, up to 5 times for mechanical and electrical defects|
A. BASIC COVERAGE
The Basic Coverage is for electronic defects to your Product and applies only to repairs and replacements done in Singapore and for Products used in Singapore. If you have selected the Protection Plus - Hardware Extended Warranty Service Contract, the Basic Coverage for all repairs and replacements made to your Product shall not exceed the Limit. We have the right and option to either repair or replace your Product with another of like kind, quality and specifications. Due to technological advances, the replaced product may be of a lower retail value than the faulty Product. Replacement parts may be original or non-original manufacturer's parts that conform to factory specifications and shall be determined at our sole discretion. The Basic Coverage will be effective from the date of expiry of the manufacturer's warranty period until the expiry of the Contract unless coverage is no longer applicable or is terminated as provided under the terms of this Contract.
For Basic Coverage, there is up to 5 times for electronic defects Coverage. For mechanical and electrical defects is up to the purchase price paid for your Product ("Limit") less $50 or 30% of Claim Amount whichever is higher that is payable by you for each and every claim.
B. COVERAGE FOR LIQUID SPILLAGE, SCREEN CRACK, IMPACT DAMAGE (APPLICABLE ONLY TO THE PROTECTION PLUS - HARDWARE EXTENDED WARRANTY ENHANCED SERVICE CONTRACT):
Damage Protection coverage applies to defects of the product due to accidental physical impact or spillage of liquids. Coverage for cracked screen of the Product due to accidental physical impact is also included. The damage protection coverage will commence from your purchase date or delivery date and expire upon the expiry or termination of the Contract. You are only entitled to make one repair claim for either liquid damage, screen crack or impact damage. This Damage Protection coverage does not include damage due to your negligence, omission or default in your use or care of the Product.
C. COMPLIMENTARY RECHARGEABLE BATTERY COVERAGE (APPLICABLE ONLY TO THE PROTECTION PLUS - HARDWARE EXTENDED WARRANTY ENHANCED SERVICE CONTRACT)*
There will be a one-time replacement of the original battery packaged with the Product if the original battery cannot be charged under all circumstances. Coverage is for one (1) year from the purchase or delivery date of your Product (whichever is later).
D. EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE*
No coverage will be provided for/if:
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, colour, or product finish, accessories used in or with the product, external cables and cords, or add-on options incorporated to the product;
- Glass and lens unless specifically covered in the Contract;
- Hardware that has been added after the purchase of the original Product;
- Accidental or intentional physical damage and damage by water unless specifically covered in the Contract
- Failure caused by a voltage converter and/or applying incorrect voltage to the Product;
- Products that are still covered by the manufacturer's original written warranty, repairer's warranty, or any other warranty still in effect;
- Any defects that are the subject of the manufacturer's recall;
- There has been unauthorised modification(s) to the Product, the serial number of the Product has been altered without authorisation, failure to follow manufacturers' instructions on installation, operation or maintenance of the Product, repairs to the Product performed by a non-authorised repairer, any items not affecting the function of the Products;
- Failure to comply with the manufacturer's recommendations on routine maintenance, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, external adjustments and any other instructions relating to the use and/or upkeep of the Product;
- Commercial use (multi-user organisations), public rental, use for profit or communal use for multi-family housing;
- Shipping charges, damage charges, express service charges, transportation damage, removal, installation or reinstallation of the Product, products on loan during the repair process;
- Any loss or damage due to burglary, theft, corrosion, Insect infestation, pet damage (unless specifically covered by the Contract), misuse, neglect and abuse;
- Defects and on-site service charges not covered by the manufacturer's original written warranty, unless specifically covered in the Contract;
- Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from fire or flood, howsoever caused;
- Any other accessories like adaptors, mouse, keyboards, and batteries unless otherwise stated specifically.
E. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We will not cover any direct or indirect loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or consequential damages including, but not limited to, losses incurred due to any delay in rendering any services related to this Contract and/or loss of use during the period that your Product is at an authorized repairer and/or while awaiting replacement parts, even if you might have informed us of the possibility of such loss or damage.
We will replace your Product with one of like kind, quality and/or specification if the Product is not repairable or beyond economical repair. Due to technological advances, the replaced product can be a refurbished unit. The replaced Product (the spoilt unit) shall become our property. We reserve the right to pay you the original purchase price of the Product if we are unable to give you a replacement product that matches the quality and specifications of the faulty product.
Neither COURTS nor Digital Hospital will be liable under the Contract if you do not submit the Product to an authorized repairer for repair before (a) the expiry of the Contract
The Contract will terminate if any of the following events occur:
- Upon expiry of the term of the Contract; or
- When you have relocated overseas or are no longer residing in Singapore
- When you have made a claim for repair for mechanical and electrical defects up to the Limit (Protection Plus - Hardware Extended Warranty Basic Service Contract); or
- When the Product has been replaced (Protection Plus - Hardware Extended Warranty Basic/Enhanced Service Contract); or
- If your Product is surrendered; whichever is earlier.
We may, at our discretion, terminate this Contract if any instalment payment for the service fee for this Contract remains unpaid for a period of three (3) months.
Neither the Protection Plus - Hardware Extended Warranty Basic Service Contract, Protection Plus - Hardware Extended Warranty Enhanced Service Contract is an Insurance Policy of Guarantee. Each Contract is a service contract. It is neither a guarantee nor a promise relating to the nature of the material, workmanship or performance of your Product covered by the Contract.
G. ASSIGNMENT OF CONTRACT
If you sell or transfer your Product to another person within the period of the Contract, you must call the Damage Protection Plan Hotline within 14 days of such sale or transfer to transfer the Contract to the new person. It is also important to report your new address in the event you move and take the covered Product with you. You may only transfer this Contract if you had purchased the Product with cash or you do not have any outstanding amounts owing to us at the date of such transfer.
H. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
This Service Contract is subject to terms and conditions set out below. Kindly take a few moments to check that all the particulars, specifically your personal information printed in this Service Contract are correct. Failure to revert within 14 days from the date of this Service Contract will mean that all your personal information contained herein are complete, true and accurate. Any personal information collected by and retained by us is for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations under this Service Contract as well as to update you on any of our related services. Kindly be informed that in order to fulfil our obligations under this Service Contract, we will provide your personal information to Digital Hospital. You agree and consent that Digital Hospital may collect, use and process your personal information (whether obtained in this application form or otherwise obtained) and disclose such information (whether in or outside of Singapore) to the following:
- Its group companies;
- Its (or its group companies') service providers, reinsurers, agents, distributors, business partners; brokers, legal process participants and their advisors, other financial institutions;
- Governmental / regulatory authorities, industry associations, courts, other alternative dispute resolution forums, for the purpose stated below:
- Processing, underwriting, administering and managing your relationship with digital hospital;
- Audit, compliance, investigation and inspection purposes and handling regulatory governmental enquiries;
- Compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, risk management procedures and digital hospital's internal policies;
- Managing digital hospital's infrastructure and business operations; and
- Carrying out market research and analysis and satisfaction surveys,
- Which in turn may be disclosed by digital hospital to individuals, service providers & organizations associated with digital hospital or any other selected 3rd parties (within or outside of singapore, including reinsurance & claims investigation companies & industry associations) for the purpose of storing and processing this application and providing subsequent service(s) for this purpose, digital hospital services and data matching, surveys and to communicate with you for such purposes and in order to support back-end processing and services associated with this service contract. You understand that you have the right to obtain access to and to request correction of any personal information held by us and/or digital hospital concerning yourself. Such request can be made by contacting us as stated above. By submitting your personal information, you are indicating your consent to allow us and/or digital hospital or any other selected third parties to keep you posted on any other products, services and upcoming events. If you do not wish to be contacted by us or digital hospital, you can opt out anytime by calling or writing to us or digital hospital, as the case may be.
If you have not opted out, you have also consented to Digital Hospital, its group companies, service providers and business partners using, processing and disclosing your personal information to:
- Enroll you in contests, prize draws and similar promotions
- Contact you to market other insurance, and/or its, its group companies and /or its business partners' services.
- If You have any questions about Digital Hospital collection, use and disclosure of personal information, you may contact Digital Hospital Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
For service in Singapore, please call our Customer Care hotline at (+65) 6333-3343.
When the product failure occurs due to an electronic defect, you must call the Customer Care Hotline at 6333-3343 to report the product failure during office hours. Our Customer Service Representatives will be ready to guide you through the service process. To expedite service, please ensure that you have your contract details readily available before placing the call. If the product failure is not reported to us prior to repair, the repair will not be approved and will not be covered under the Contract. Nevertheless, notwithstanding that the Contract is in force, you are required to utilize the original manufacturer's warranty if it is still valid.