COURTS Asia Limited, the holding company for leading retailers COURTS (Singapore) Pte Ltd, COURTS (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and PT COURTS Retail Indonesia, is owned by Nojima Corporation. Listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Nojima Corporation, a leading electrical appliance retail chain, operates over 850 stores and has a market capitalisation of S$1.4 billion and revenues of S$6.1 billion.
With roots as a furniture retailer from the United Kingdom, COURTS was established in Singapore and Malaysia in 1974 and 1987 respectively, recently entering Indonesia in 2014. Today, COURTS operates more than 70 stores across three markets, spanning over 1.4 million sq. ft. of retail space. Over the years, the COURTS brand has expanded its range to include electrical, IT and furniture products, as well as complementary home solutions for a seamless one-stop home shopping experience. Constantly innovating to improve the shopping experience, the retailer continuously refreshes its stores to optimise the format, layout and merchandise mix.
In line with COURTS' mission to 'make aspirational home products easily affordable', the retailer abides by the COURTS Price Promise and is committed to offering competitive prices across its product range. In addition, it offers in-house flexible financing solutions to complement its range of easy payment options.
In Singapore, its store network includes the island’s first Megastore that was pioneered in Tampines, Singapore, in 2006 as part of the Economic Development Board's 'Warehouse Retail Scheme' to convert industrial land for commercial use. The flagship Megastore has continually been renovated to serve customers better with state-of-the-art retail offerings. It is now home to innovative sub-brands such as Market Hall, Design Studio and GURU by COURTS.
COURTS Malaysia followed suit with the opening of its Sri Damansara Megastore in Selangor in 2013. The expansion into Indonesia was also led by the opening of a Megastore in Kota Harapan Indah, Bekasi in 2014.
As a leading omni-channel retailer, COURTS launched its online store with 7,000 product offerings in 2012, which has today grown to more than 17,000, making it the largest store in its network. Both the online and physical stores are at the centre of COURTS’ omni-channel retail offerings, which also include the deployment of tablets and digital kiosks on the shop floor, use of QR codes and 'Click & Collect' counters in stores.
Known for being an active corporate citizen, COURTS has a deep-rooted history of giving back to the community in meaningful and impactful ways. These include helping underprivileged children, families, elderlies and special needs communities, as well as supporting football locally. COURTS’ CSR initiatives are wide ranging and include fundraising, in-kind sponsorship and donations to furnish the homes of the needy, as well as corporate volunteerism.
- Opened COURTS Funan, our first IoT store for today’s savvy smart home shoppers
- Opened COURTS Eastpoint Mall to serve heartland shoppers better
- Redesigned COURTS Causeway Point to enhance next-generation store experience offerings
- Voted #1 Readers’ Choice for Best of Consumer Electronics – Best Lifestyle Home Appliances Chain Store (Singapore) in the 2019 HardwareZone Tech Awards
- Ranked as a Singapore International 100 and Singapore 1000 company in the Annual Singapore Public Listed Companies 500 and Singapore International 100 Rankings
- Awarded OHSAS18001 as recognition of COURTS’ commitment to providing a safe workplace environment
- Awarded and renewed CaseTrust Gold accreditation for storefront businesses, which recognises the highest standards in service quality
- Redesigned COURTS Ang Mo Kio as a next-generation store for heartland shoppers
- 98 COURTS staff received the Excellent Service Award
- Awarded Asia’s Top Influential Brand Award
- Awarded Asia’s Best Brand Award 2018 by CMO
- Awarded Finalist Certificate for the Tripartite Alliance Award, awarded by the TAFEP Tripartite Alliance, celebrating employers who build fair and progressive workplaces
- Awarded the Safety & Security Watch Group Award 2018 for efforts in maintaining safety and security of our premises and customers
- Redesigned COURTS Megastore in Tampines and COURTS Jurong Point, offering transformed in-store experiences
- Relaunched COURTS Online with a new interface and more user-friendly functionality
- Launched GURU by COURTS, its one-stop home solutions provider
- 110 COURTS staff received the Excellent Service Award
- Awarded the bizSAFE Partner Award status, as a bizSAFE partner proactive and committed to safety as part of its business model
- Group CEO Terry O’Connor won the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurs Award 2017
- Awarded Best Investor Relations website in the IRPAS-EQS IR Website Survey 2017
- Awarded Expat Living’s Silver Winner for the Best Home Electronics category
- Celebrated 30th anniversary in Malaysia
- Launched next generation stores in Causeway Point, Singapore and Sri Damansara, Malaysia
- Awarded the TAFEP Exemplary Employer Award 2016
- Recognised as 'Best Home & Electronics Retailer' in AsiaOne People's Choice Awards
- Renewed People Developer and Service Class certification
- Awarded 'Best Efforts in Corporate Social Responsibility' by the Singapore Retailers' Association
- Won ‘Most Transparent Company Award 2015’ at the 16th SIAS Investors’ Choice Awards
- Accredited with CaseTrust Gold for Combined Storefront and Webfront
- Opened first Megastore in Indonesia in Kota Harapan Indah, Bekasi
- Shortlisted as finalist of the Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP) Exemplary Employer Award 2014
- 141 COURTS team members received the Excellent Service Award
- Certification International Singapore awarded COURTS Singapore OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety in January
- Achieved BizSAFE Star Certification by Workplace Safety Health Council Singapore
- Won the "Most Transparent Company Award" at the 14th SIAS Investors' Choice Awards
- Opened first Megastore in Malaysia in Sri Damansara
- 110 COURTS team members received the Excellent Service Award
- Won Best Securitisation Deal Awards at the Asset Tripe A Regional Awards 2013 and the Asiamoney & EuroWeek Awards 2013
- Awarded Silver for the Singapore HEALTH Award by Health Promotion Board in November
- Listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange in October
- Renewed the People Developer and Service Class certification
- Achieved BizSAFE Level 3 Certification by Workplace Safety Health Council Singapore
- 44 COURTS team members received the Excellent Service Award
- The only IT, Furniture and Electronics retailer who was awarded the Case Trust Gold Certification
- Awarded the Premium GEM (Furniture & Furnishing / Electrical & Electronics) by Singapore Retailer Association for the retail industry mystery shopping programme
- Renewed the People Developer certification
- SPRING Singapore awarded COURTS Singapore the Singapore Service Class certification
- Winner of Planet Retail’s Innovation Award 2007 (Megastore)
- SPRING Singapore awarded COURTS Singapore with the People Developer certification
- Pioneered the flagship ‘big box’ concept Megastore in Singapore’s first dedicated Retail Park
- Awarded the International Headquarters Award by Singapore Minister for Trade and Industry