5 Cool Facts About COURTS Cool Zone Plus
1. Largest Range of Top Air-Con and Air Care Brands
Selecting the ideal air cooling system brand, type and size to suit your budget is easy with Singapore’s largest range of air-cons, fans, air coolers, air purifiers and dehumidifiers under one roof.
2. Express Delivery and Installation
Our FREE delivery and installation services* is the fastest in Singapore, getting your air-con up and running in no time. Rest assured that our installation is performed by BCA-Certified air-con specialists using quality materials.
3. Extended Warranty
Enjoy FREE 3 Years Installation Warranty, or opt for 5 Years Air-Con Protection Plan for maximum assurance.
4. Hassle-Free Air-Con Servicing
We offer a wide selection of servicing packages to keep your air-con in tip-top condition for a longer duration.
5. Lowest Air-Con Instalment Payment Plan
Enjoy affordable monthly instalment plans when you buy on COURTS Flexi Plans.
*Standard HDB installation, excluding optional services such as stainless steel brackets, power points, etc.
What to Look Out for When Choosing an Air-Con
Step 1: Choose the right BTU (British Thermal Units)
The size of your home will determine the air-con BTU required. The higher the BTU value, the higher the cooling power. Choosing the right BTU is important as oversized ones will waste energy, while undersized ones will not cool the room sufficiently.
Use the following formula to determine the optimum BTU for your space:
- Total area (in sqft) of HDB,4-room, master bedroom
Example: 10ft x 16ft=160sqft
- Total area (in sqft) to be cooled x 65 = Correct cooling capacity (BTU)
Example: 160 sqft x 65 =10,400 BTU
So ideally, a fan coil unit of at least 12,000 BTU is recommended.
Do take note the above formula serves as basic guideline, results may vary due to other factors, e.g. geographical position of rooms.
Step 2: Choose your preferred type of air-con
|Types of Air-Con||Inverter Split System||Inverter Multi Split System||Portable Air-Con||Casement Air-Con|
||Comprises of 2 parts: the outdoor unit (condenser) and indoor unit (fan coil)
||1 outdoor unit that can connect up to 4 indoor units simultaneously
||A simple solution if you are on a budget or living in a rental property
||A self-contained unit installed on the window
- Does not have the limitation of being installed near a window
- Ductless and prevents energy losses
- Quiet & energy efficient
- Cost-saving in the long run
- Has the ability to vary the speed of the compressor to keep rooms in the right temperature
- Each room can be individually controlled
- Easy to set-up
- Doesn’t require permanent installation
- Easily movable from one room to another
- Allows extra floor space
- Quick fix, as no further piping is required
- Needs professional installation
- May cost more, though you save more in the long run
- Needs professional installation
- May not cool down larger rooms adequately
- Heavy/bulky and takes up floor space
- Limited for use in 1 room
- Takes up 1 window space
- Needs professional Installation
Step 3: Consider the extra features that are important to you
Some common air-con features include:
- Programme Timer
- Slide-Out Filter for Easy Maintenance
- Air Purifying Function
Step 4: Check the air-con’s energy efficiency
A room’s air-con efficiency is measured by energy efficiency ratio (EER), which is indicative of the amount of BTU produced by the air-con using 1 watt of electricity per hour. EER is used to classify the different models of air-con.
For easy comparison on EER, air-cons are given Energy Label Ticks ranging from 1 to 5. The more ticks there are, the more energy efficient the air-con is.
Here are 5 reasons why it’s better to choose a 5-Tick energy efficient air-con:
- Reduces energy wastage
- Reduces power consumption
- Saves on electricity bill
- Comes with advanced control features
- Comes with easy-to-clean features
How to Read the Energy Label
Stay Cool with Our Quality Installation Materials
Certified & Tested Superior Installation Material BCA-Certified Specialists
Drainage pipes are connected to the air-conditioning fan coil unit to drain off the condensation of water.
Upgradable to: 16mm Diameter^
Bigger diameter allows better flow of drain water from the air-con system.
Copper pipes are connected to the compressor and fan coil unit, which is used to transfer the refrigerant gas to and fro between the compressor and fan coil unit.
Upgradable to: Gauge 22^
Thicker gauge can withstand higher pressure of the gas transfer and will not leak easily.
Insulated rubber tubes are used to encase the copper pipes to reduce the rate of condensation and absorb water droplets from the cold water pipes.
Upgradable to: 1/2” Insulation^
Thicker insulation allows better insulation of the cold copper pipes and slows down the rate of condensation.
Wire cables are a form of power supply for the air-conditioning system for both the compressor and the fan coil units.
Upgradable to: 3 Core 70 Wires^
Thicker wire can withstand higher electrical amphere from the electrical circuit board to the compressor and fan coil unit.
High quality stainless steel bracket of Grade 303 are used for placing the compressor instead of steel bracket used by most air-con suppliers.
Energy efficient compressor models are used as they allow lower energy consumption.
^Check in-store for details & prices.